Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Movies, Books and Marriages


The other night Jory and I watched The Bucket List. We actually have Netflix which is our one nod towards televised entertainment. And since we are don't pay for cable, etc., we can justify the fact that sometimes movies (like this one) sit in our home for four months before they get watched. At $10/mo, we paid $40 to 'rent' this movie, but that's not the point. The point is that we both really liked it! And I realized that the last time we both really liked a movie was in 2008...


Of course, I think everyone really liked Fireproof...so good! But have you done The Love Dare?
We have it and I love the concept of doing one small thing a day for your spouse for thirty days. It's simple, but so powerful.

Another book that involves doing one thing a day for your spouse for thirty days is This has thirty prayers to pray over your spouse. I just started it and it is so powerful. I am hosting a Ladies Bible Study in our home starting in June. The woman that volunteered to facilitate it chose this book and I am so blessed by it already. We have fifteen ladies signed up and I can't wait to see what God will do.


Finally...
Jory and I are hosting a Couples Study of Love and Respect weekly throughout the summer. We purchased the DVDs of the Love and Respect Conference and we have Small Group Study Guides to lead us through it. It is divided into fourteen sessions. Jory will be facilitating this one. He has wanted to do something like this for a long time. We have six couples, including us and I think it will be wonderful.

No comments: