Monday, January 9, 2012

New Stuff

Aaron got this Barney Backhoe plate set in the mail from Grandma Beth. Aaron LOVES Barney Backhoe (and I know that none of you are familiar with the great Barney Backhoe. It's a John Deere character. Really. He has books. We have them. Yes, THEM). Anyway, this is pretty much the greatest thing ever. We don't actually eat off of any of them, you understand. We play with them. Very exciting stuff. When it came I told him to call Grandma Beth. You know, to thank her. Anyway, I called and got the answering machine and asked if Aaron wanted to leave a message. He said, "Yes, I do." Then he took the phone and proceeded this way (she can verify this), "I GOT A NEW BACKHOE PLATE! IT HAS BARNEY BACKHOE ON IT! IT IS A VERY GOOD PLATE." I then whispered that he should say Thank You and he looked at me like I was nuts. He was just calling to tell her about his new stuff, but he did say 'Thank you', though not with nearly the enthusiasm as the rest of the message. And Abby got this Abby Cadabby outfit in the same package. It is an outfit with pink pants and it is super cute. It came in so handy today because it was cold and rainy and we had MOPS. I learned that Abby loves hoods! She thinks they are awfully fun and she actually leaves them on her head. Aaron loves hoods, too, by the way.
And this is Abby's Columbia ski jacket for when we go to Breckenridge this Spring. Isn't it SO sweet?

No comments: