Friday, February 20, 2009

Doctor Appointment

We went to the doctor this morning and nothing's changed. That's really fine with us. I am comfortable now, so I am enjoying good nights of sleeping and Jory has some more nesting that he'd like to get done before Little One arrives.

The baby's heartbeat was in the 150s today, my blood pressure was 122/64 and my weight did not increase. My swelling has gone down significantly - Praise God! I am still at 35 pounds gained total.

I did - Finally - start having some pre-labor contractions yesterday, so at least my body knows what it's supposed to be doing, it's just taking its time. Those were not painful at all, but they did jolt us into readiness. With nothing happening, we've been lulled asleep at the wheel. Jory took the car seats to the fire station last night to be checked and we both started getting things in order at work to be handed off.

This weekend for the first time in months we have no one visiting us and no plans whatsoever (except for church Sunday morning). So Jory will be taking to his home improvement projects and I'll be catching up on all the reading that's going to teach me what to do with this bundle of joy whenever it chooses to arrive.

No comments: