Monday, November 30, 2009

Days One and Two

I didn't blog while we were gone over Thanksgiving, so I am catching up now so that I have a good journal of Aaron's first Thanksgiving.This picture was taken at 5am at the Tyler airport on Monday. It is actually the only picture I took that whole day. I have no idea what was wrong with me. The next several pictures are of Aaron's cousins and were taken on Tuesday night at dinner.

On Monday we flew from Tyler to Houston and Aaron slept from the moment the plane took off until the moment it landed. It was wonderful. We had a short layover in Houston and then were headed to Columbus. Aaron didn't sleep at all on the flight to Columbus. However, he was very sweet. He just sat on my lap and smiled. He was such a joy!

We got to Columbus at 11am (10am in Texas) and Aaron was very tired since he had basically skipped his morning nap. He slept all the way from Columbus to Cambridge. My mom rode in the back with him and just stared at him the whole time. She hadn't seen him since he was a week old, so she was pretty fascinated!

We stopped in at my brother's and visited with him for a little while then headed to lunch. By then Aaron was getting hungry himself, so we went to Dad's and fed Aaron and put him down for a nap. That evening we went to dinner and then Aaron's Aunt Mindy came over with Peyton, Dillon and Addy. Peyton was so excited to see Aaron! The younger two didn't care as much, but Peyton was just a doll.

These two pictures with Grandma Sheri and Little Girl are from Tuesday. We didn't do a whole lot Tuesday. We went to see Mindy at work and she gave us a very cool tour of a glass factory. Aaron let her hold him while he stared at the fire and hot glass. He was enthralled. That night we went to dinner with Doug's family and with Mom. Then we went to a pet store which was so fun for all the kids.

Aaron did a great job all week of staying on his schedule. We kept him on Texas time and he slept 10-11 hours at night and took at least two naps each day. We were blessed with such a good traveler. He did holler every time he was put down to sleep which he doesn't do here, but he slept so we could put up with the initial yelling. All in all, Aaron was so easy. I'll post pictures of the rest of the week soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He was very good even if he did shove his toys under the table so that crazy grandma(me) of his couldn't keep showing him how to use them. He knew how HE WANTED TO USE THEM, thank you very much!
How adorable and funny!

Miss him and you all. It was just so wonderful having you all up here!

Love ---mom/gma