Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tyler, Day One

We loaded up after Aaron's nap last Thursday and headed to Tyler. Abigail's Birthday Party was scheduled for Friday morning. I decided to drive down Thursday night and break up the trip a little bit. I was so excited to get to Tyler and see my friends. It had been a while. I am glad I had the extra time.

Our first stop was Chick-Fil-A! About 15 of us were there, including Aaron's future wife Kate! We met at 5:00 and it was great timing. We were all able to sit together and chat. I had such a good time!

Aaron got to go in the play area for the first time. He didn't actually play on anything, but he got a kick out of being there!



He did figure out how to open the heavy door between the play area and the restaurant and he held it open for all the kids to escape. It was kind of funny, but really not. And it was kind of surreal since, you know, he's seventeen months old! None of the other kids were holding open that big glass door! I swear we are raising a brute.


After dinner we went to Aunt Jane's and had a wonderful time! I didn't take a single picture, but I loved watching Aaron interact with Jane. He just had a ball and when he went to bed Jane and I stayed up and chatted. It was a wonderful evening and well worth the drive.


1 comment:

Beth said...

He loves new experiences. It looks like from his facial expression that he's just tickled to be part of the big kids' fun.
Uh----you DID take a picture of him holding the door, right?! Probably too stunned. I'm telling you; he's got a load of Big Roy's genes in him!
I love that you were able to go back and have such fun.:)