Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nothing Small About Him

I love this onesie from Bryan and Angela that says 'Small Miracle'. I think it's precious and I love the light blue on him. I put it on Aaron a lot.


Of course, as you can see, he's not a small miracle. At least not relatively. He was born big and he kept on going. At his 4 month doctor's appointment, he was as long as an average 7 month old boy. He weighed as much as and was developmentally on track with the average 5 month old.




I continually comment on how big Aaron is. I've been doing it since he was born. Jory started to think I was saying it was a bad thing. I don't feel that way at all. In fact, I've always been pleased that he was more substantial than most newborns. He never had a fragile feel about him. I am just generally fascinated by his size compared to others his age. Jory hasn't seen him as being that much bigger and has wondered at my comments about Aaron's size.



Then, the other night we were at a wedding and there was a very small baby there. He was so fragile looking and just so tiny. I asked (not his parents) if he was a normal size for his age. I was assured that he was very average. Jory heard this and asked how old he was. When the answer was 'three months', my husband burst out with "our child is Shaq!"



"Shaq" has now upgraded from Rice Cereal to Oatmeal and he LOVES it. He really loves it - can't get enough! He is also much more active with rolling, sitting and pulling up. He is also getting really good at eating off of a spoon and all of his food is going into his mouth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shaq! I like that! I wish I had baby pictures of your Grandpa Roy to compare with Aaron's. I have a feeling your grandpa was never tiny or average in size for his age. His size 14 feet might explain Aaron wearing 9 month shoes when he's 4 months!
Onesies are wonderful. Your grandmas both insisted I put t-shirts on you in all but the summer months and they were always riding up.

Love--OH mom/gma