Saturday, July 18, 2009

Uggg

Aaron is not cooperating with Picture Taking today. That doesn't make it widely different from other days, but I really want to update the Blog today and I can't do that without new pictures! I'm also pretty irritated with myself because I haven't taken any pictures this week. He wore a new outfit to school every day (courtesy of a shopping trip with Grandma Sheri) and I didn't memorialize them. Not to mention my lack of picture taking means that I need to get Aaron to cooperate today so that I have something to put on the Blog. And the poor guy is pictured out today. We went to the Rose Garden this morning and had a session with a professional photographer. We should have access to the pictures in a week and we are so excited to see how they turned out.

Aaron has had a big week. He has slept through the night the last four nights! Technically, sleeping through the night is going 7 hours or more between feedings. So, if he eats at 8 and doesn't eat again until 3 then he slept through the night. That still means that Mama is getting up once to feed him, but it's not bad at all. Our pediatrician and all the well-respected books will tell you that this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he is now eating cereal like a champ each night at 6pm. That's fine. They're wrong, but it's fine.
I have noticed that Aaron's skills on his stomach have improved marginally at best over the last three months. That is certainly because if you add up the time that he has actually been on his stomach in the past three months it is probably less than the time he is supposed to be on his stomach each WEEK. Clearly I am failing in my job to improve his skills and I have been catering to the fact that Aaron hates Tummy Time. So today I grew determined to force Tummy Time. And I SWEAR TO YOU, I put him on his tummy three times and three times he immediately flipped over to his back and laughed at me. What am I supposed to do with that?
Aaron's favorite 'toy' right now is a burp cloth. He loves burp cloths and they make him very happy. They are essential to decent car rides and quiet mornings. If he has a burp cloth in his hand you will be unable to get it away from him. You may try. You will fail. The other morning Jory was putting Aaron in the bath and Aaron noticed the washcloth which is incredibly similar to a burp cloth. He grabbed it and Jory was unable to get it back. This was the washcloth that is strategically placed during bathing to prevent coffee being peed in. So Jory moved Aaron's hands so that while they were holding the washcloth, the washcloth was still appropriately placed. And Jory asked Aaron to leave it there. He actually did and I actually laughed out loud at him. Three minutes later, I heard the following: "Whoa! You were supposed to leave the washcloth there! Now look what happened! You tee teed in my coffee! You tee teed on Mommy's tooth brush! It's everywhere! Look at this mess! We had a deal!" I really, honestly almost died laughing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny story!
Don't worry about tummy time. He'll figure all that out when he's ready. I mean you can still work with him, but I wouldn't stress over it. You should know all about strong will power in a child!:)
Love--OH mom/gma

Spicy Magnolia said...

That's a great story!

Brennan still hates tummy time, but I'm with you, I just got to the point where I had to make him do it. :( I keep waiting for the day when he'll figure out that it's for his own good and that he'll thank me for it once he learns to crawl because of it. :)

Jenna said...

Too funny! B hated tummy time but now that he feels more in control (bc hes a rolling fool) he likes it pretty well. He'll grow into it!