Monday, May 16, 2011

Aaron

Aaron turned 26 months old this week. I don't officially do birthday posts any more, but I do want to keep track of what Little Man is up to. He changes so much from month to month!



He can open all doors now. It hasn't posed a problem, but it does take away a level of comfort. He can also open and close the stair gates. This also has not been a problem (except that it makes Daddy really nervous) as Aaron is navigating stairs very well.




He is in a mess of different sizes - everything from 18 months to 3T depending on the item type and brand. He wears 8 in some shoes and 9 in others. He wears a 4 or a 5 in diapers. He is definitely tall and skinny with big feet.





He knows 11 colors and a few letters by sight. He can count to seven. He knows all of the Sesame Street characters (is that a skill?) and corrected Kimmie and I the other day when we called Zoe by the wrong name. (I find this somewhat impressive since he has never actually seen Sesame Street).




He loves to be outside, he loves his trucks and he loves his rocks. My living room is constantly covered in trucks and rocks. He has a box of rocks that he got for Christmas from Grandpa Tom and Grandma Sheri and it is the favorite inside activity. He also LOVES books. He loves to read and he loves to be read to.



He is a talking fool. There are about half of the letter sounds that he can't say, so he substitutes a 'd' sound or a 'b' sound or a 'y' sound. He also often only says the first syllable of word. Therefore, a lot of words sound exactly alike. I think Jory and I are the only ones that can understand him most of the time, but he gets better every day. He definitely practices a lot!




He is a sweet boy with a sweet heart and we love him so much!

1 comment:

Beth said...

He is so cautious, I doubt that Daddy has much to worry about with the gates. He looks so happy here. My good friend from Cinci saw the pics you sent me and ooohed out "What a beautiful child!" I agreed.