Monday, May 23, 2011

Nursery Woes

We had a first yesterday. Aaron threw a fit when we tried to pick him up from nursery at church. With memories of all the times he threw a fit when we dropped him off still a little raw it's nice that he likes it there, but still a little disturbing when your kid screams and runs away when you show up. I said it was a good thing we had our pick up tag or no one would believe we were his parents. HA! And then there's this precious girl... I have not put her in nursery yet. She comes with us and does just fine. That never worked with Aaron. He stayed with us one time and we missed most of Sunday School and church, so the next week he was in nursery. But Abby does great so there's not a lot of motivation to take her to nursery. Plus I've been using the excuse of cold and flu season, but as we're flirting with June that's probably going to lose its potency. Really, I'm just not ready for her to be sick and I believe the first time in nursery will likely correspond with her first time being sick. But, (1) I am never going to be ready for her to be sick and (2) maybe she won't get sick. And, ummm, (3) she's over three months old and at some point she's gonna have to go.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ha! Church is where you threw your worst fit EVER! I forget why; I just remember it was a doozy.

As for Abby, when she starts getting restless and you're spending more time entertaining her than partaking in Sunday school and church:THAT'S the time to put her in nursery. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."