Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Washington, D.C.

What a wonderful mini-vacation we just had! We spent two days sight seeing in DC and the weather was perfect! And there were no tourists and Congress had been sent home (again), so there were no lines, no traffic, no reservations needed at restaurants. It was just perfect! AND we got to stay at Jory's aunt and uncle's. We hadn't seen them in about a year and we won't see them again for a while. Since they aren't headed to Texas for the holidays this year, we were so blessed to be able to visit them. It was absolutely wonderful!

We have pictures to post, but this week will be a whirlwind, so I'm not sure when they'll get on here. I will tell you that I am suddenly huge. Seriously, I look way past seven months pregnant. Monday, for the first time, a stranger asked me when I was due. Since then, two other strangers have recognized that I'm very pregnant. That's not bad, though, I got offered someone's seat on the Metro and I got Priority Access to board an airplane.

I definitely feel like I'm way past seven months pregnant, as well. I am starting to be uncomfortable which I didn't think was going to happen for another 4 weeks (I've had these arbitrary time tables in my head and it throws me off when my body doesn't follow them). My back hurts, crossing my legs takes effort and walking takes an amount of concentration that I can't describe - or completely understand.

Little One is doing well, though. Definitely active, which is wonderful. I think I stressed the baby out yesterday, though. There have been two times during pregnancy that I have felt real stress and both times, Little One has gotten crazy with the full body assault on my stomach and the constant moving. It goes on for quite a while and I feel horrible about it. I didn't even realize that I had gotten stressed yesterday until after the fact (when I noticed Little One was going crazy and not letting up). After we returned our rental car in DC (and were an hour from Jory's relatives), we realized that our flight (which had been on time just two hours earlier) had been cancelled. There were no other flights to Texas that day. After waiting for thirty minutes, we were put on another flight (one which was supposed to have left four hours earlier, but was severely delayed), but were told we had to get to the gate NOW. So, Jory is pulling my 7-month pregnant body through the airport as we are dashing to make this flight. We did make it to Dallas where we were changing planes to come to Tyler. In Dallas, our one hour layover turned into a three hour one and we eventually made it home at 11pm. It was really fine, but I must have gotten upset about it, because the baby sure seemed upset about it all. Incidentally, all of the delays were due to weather in Dallas where is was below freezing and sleeting. We left Washington DC where we had strolled in 60 degree weather to arrive in Tyler amid snow!

We leave Friday night to head to Fort Worth and we fly out of DFW Saturday to go to Ohio - YAY! I am way too excited! I get to see my nieces and nephews and all of my family and I am having a wonderful baby shower where I get to see all of my Ohio friends that I never have enough time to visit with. We'll be gone for a little over a week.

1 comment:

meg @ spicy magnolia said...

I'm glad your trip was wonderful and I can't wait to see pictures! You have some exciting things ahead and I hope this week you're able to get some good rest before your next big adventure!