Saturday, April 30, 2011

Our Week

This is been one of my favorite weeks ever! Jory took the entire week off - which we needed after busy season. We planned very little so that we could just 'Be' together and with the kids. It has been wonderful. I have so enjoyed this time with my husband and I will be very sad to see this week end. I have not done a great job of taking pictures this week - I've been too busy enjoying myself - but here's what I have:



Tuesday April 26, 2011



I actually didn't take any pictures Monday and I really should have, but Tuesday was a fun day. It was our anniversary and we had a fabulous dinner at Old Hickory in the Gaylord. Brooke came a little early and we went to check out the Gaylord before dinner. For some reason, we've never been there. It was impressive. A little Vegas-like, but neat.
Wednesday April 27, 2011

We had breakfast at a bakery in downtown Grapevine and saw a dessert in the window that looked exactly like what Old Hickory had brought us as an Anniversary gift the night before. It turns out this bakery sells to the Gaylord so we took another Anniversary Dessert home to enjoy. Then we went to Costco. Aaron loves Costco - he asks to go there!



Thursday April 28, 2011


We had a coupon to try breakfast at a place in town and it was so good. Here's Aaron lining up the condiments while waiting for his food.





Our local Chick-Fil-A had Safety Night which included a free meal for kids and we went to check it out.



After dinner Aaron climbed up in a big fire truck!



Friday April 29, 2011


We went to Grapevine's Botanical Gardens. They are free, but we've never checked them out. They were great!



Attached to the Gardens is a playground where Aaron had a fabulous time.




Saturday April 30, 2011


We went to the Goades' house and spent the morning with them. Aaron loves it there - the kids are so good to him and there is lots of dirt and cats and Ann always fixes him a fabulous lunch. We had a great time there. This is Aaron enjoying a wagon ride at his own personal playground - the Goades' backyard!




And this is Abby asleep in Ann's arms.



I am so thankful for this week, my wonderful husband, my marriage and my family.

1 comment:

Spicy Magnolia said...

What a great week! I hope Matt can do that really soon also. And Happy Anniversary! May the Lord continue to bless and protect your marriage, friend!