Friday, August 30, 2013

First Week of School

Aaron had a great first week of school!
The above picture is Sunday Night.  We went to a special family dinner at Cotton Patch. We still had free kids meals from the summer reading program at the library. The picture below is just after waking up on the first day of school.  It was such a big deal and Aaron was so excited.
Ready to go.  He wore a read polo shirt because that's what he's worn every year on his first day of "school" (MDO).  I'll keep the trend going if I can.

Sister wore cheerleaders to cheer her Bubby on!
I about died when he turned around and I saw my big kid walking with a backpack on his back.
He went right in and put his things up and got settled.  Abby missed him so much while he was gone and we were so excited to pick him up.  When I saw the first kid being led out at the end of the day my heart started fluttering.  I have a friend who teaches across the hall from Aaron.  Since all the Pre-K and Kindergarten classes do lunch and recess together she sees him quite a bit.  She came to my car at pick up and said he was a little apprehensive but he liked it when she talked to him and he did fine.
Day Two.  I walked him in again, but Daddy didn't go.  Aaron did great.
Jacqueline said he was more comfortable.  He told me about songs they sang and going to science.  But the playground was the best part both days.

Abby played all by herself in the playroom while he was gone.  It was the first time she got complete control over what she played with and how she did it.
Day Three.  We did the drop off line today.  It didn't go exactly how we'd expected, but he did fine and his teacher said he came in just fine.
Day Four.  He was really settling in and enjoying school.  He was telling us a little more and knew the names of some of his friends.  We had to go back in the afternoon for his assessment which he really enjoyed.

Day Five.  All the Dragons wear green on Fridays during football season.
We had drop off line figured out a little better by now.
We have been really impressed with the first week of school.  The entire staff has been great and Aaron has done a fantastic job.  He is liking it a lot.  Abby and I are getting adjusted to the routine.  It was a little chaotic this week because Aaron had half days and Abby had dance and they had swim and he has assessment and there was a lot of running around and back and forths that we aren't used to, but everything went really well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Makes my heart full. Aaron you are such a blessing in our lives. We love you very much!

So proud of you and your first week at school!

Love, Dee & Papa

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Makes my heart full. Aaron you are such a blessing in our lives. We love you very much!

So proud of you and your first week at school!

Love, Dee & Papa