Sunday, August 25, 2013

The best day of my life

Okay, so except for like getting saved and getting married and silly stuff like that, BUT...
Abby started dance this week!
I've been waiting for this day for approximately 20 years.  Okay, a little longer than that.
It was awesome!!!  When Aaron realized that we had left Abby in the class and were going to wait outside in the hall he said he had to go back and give her a hug.
He told her not to be scared.
She wasn't.
The teacher said she just danced, danced, danced.  She had told me she already knew how to dance and she didn't need dance class, but she loved it!
I heard several songs from the hall.  One was The Itsy Bitsy Spider.  When I asked Abby what she did in class she said "I danced like a spider."  Then she proceeded to dance like a spider.  The drapes are open the first week of every month so that we can watch.  I'm sure it's precious.  There were some crying girls and there were some girls whose names were being called out to follow directions, but Abby was just happily dancing.  May it continue all the way to Julliard.

No comments: