Friday, April 11, 2014

Stuffed Shells

I am linking up with Kelly's blog for Show Us Your Life Friday.  The topic is pasta recipes and I couldn't pass it up, because I LOVE the stuffed shells recipe I make.  It is family friendly and it makes enough for two families.  I take it A LOT for meals and I always get rave reviews.  It is easy, it tastes great and kids love it!


Stuffed Shells
Category:  Main Dishes
Sub Category:  Pasta
Source: Real Simple
 
20 Jumbo pasta Shells
24 oz jar Marinara sauce
2 (15 oz) containers Ricotta
2 c chopped baby spinach
½ c grated Parmesan
½ t salt
¼ t pepper
1 c grated mozzarella

 
  1. Set an oven rack to the highest position and heat oven to 400.  Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and run under cold water until cool
  2. Spread Marinara sauce in bottom of a large baking dish
  3. In a bowl combine ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, salt and pepper
  4. Spoon mixture into shells and place on top of the sauce.  Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake until shells are heated through, 10-12 minutes
  5. Increase heat to broil.  Broil until cheese begins to brown, 2-5 minutes

 
 

No comments: