Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Two Week Appointments

Today we had Abby's PKU Screening at the hospital, my 2 Week Follow Up and Abby's 2 Week Appointment. I took both kids with me for the back-to-back appointments. It's pretty ambitious since I have never even taken Aaron with me to an appointment. Thankfully, God blessed me with two extraordinary children. Abby slept until we were walking out of the last appointment (when she made her presence quite known) and even slept through the blood draw at the hospital! Aaron did a lot of magazine reading and was continually told how good he is and how old he seems! I was proud.
Here is Little Miss sleeping amidst the puzzle pieces Aaron provided her. Her appointment went GREAT. She has regained her birth weight plus some...she weighs 8 pounds, 7 ounces. At two weeks that puts her well above average in weight and we are so pleased. But here's the kicker: She's grown over an inch in two weeks and has hit the 99th percentile in height. She is 21 and 3/4 inches long! A nurse saw her feet and commented that she would be very tall before she was even measured. Will we have two tall kids?

My appointment also went well. My incision is finally healing and I don't have to go back to the doctor for two weeks. That will just be to confirm that it is completely closed, but the doctor doesn't anticipate any problems. She said it looks great!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo impressed!!! I was planning on having Brad's dad watch Braysen on Thursday unless you would rather him come. I just thought it might be better since Abby was still so young. Can't wait to see Miss Abby!

Beth said...

She does have long legs! Yes, you are blessed, definitely. He looks so grown up and she looks precious all curled up asleep.