Saturday, December 27, 2014


On Christmas Eve we went to church where we got to see Katie Grace perform a solo of Happy Birthday, Jesus.
 Afterwards, we drove around looking at Christmas lights and then went to the Huffman's for dinner.
It was a lot of fun.

When we got home the kids worked hard on letters to Santa


 They set them by the fireplace with cookies and milk.  Here's a picture after the gifts arrived but before Santa ate the cookies and drank the milk!

 In the morning the cookies and milk and letters were gone and there was a letter to each child from Santa, candy canes and one gift for each. 



 Aaron got the Marble Tower he asked for

And Abigail got a ballerina doll

 This was them waiting to go in and see what Santa had left.  Abigail slept late for her, which is funny since she's been waking up at 5:30 since school got out, so Aaron had to wait so patiently.  We told him he couldn't go in the living room and he didn't, but he told us later that he peeked.

Christmas Day was very, very nice.  We made breakfast and Jory read the Christmas Story from the Bible as he has every year no matter where we are.  We were home the entire day and the kids stayed in their PJs.  Abigail wore these red and white ones with a Christmas tree on them.  We asked the kids if they wanted to get dressed for dinner, but they didn't and we didn't care.  We had a wonderful morning.  Jory made a homemade breakfast and the kids played.  They took a nap and when they woke up John and Kim were pulling in.  We had the dinner the kids had prepared and it was very, very good.  (Except for the chewy rolls that didn't have enough flour because the kids got tired of mixing)

The kids had a good time opening presents from Dee and Papa.


Aaron was very excited to get another Lego City.  This is a helicopter one.

He spent the entire morning the day after Christmas working on it.

The Day after Christmas Abigail and I ran errands.  She wore an Elsa dress which she argued fit into Dressing for December because of the snowflakes.



Aaron was so proud to get his helicopter done.

At one point I realized he'd been in the same clothes for about two days!


 I had been very unsure about being home for Christmas, but we had a lovely time.



No comments: