Tuesday, March 10, 2009

At the hospital

Well, we're here...we checked in at 4:30 and it was about 5:45 when we were settled in our room. I was given Cervidel at 6pm. It will stay in until 6am tomorrow. At that point, I have 30 minutes to shower and get ready for the day. Then I'll be checked. If my cervix has softened and dilated at least a cm, I'll be induced at 7am. That will give us a baby sometime tomorrow afternoon. If my cervix doesn't respond over night, I'll have a C-Section around 8am and will have a baby before 9.

Everything has gone fine so far. There were no changes in my cervix between Friday's doctor's appointment and today, but my doctor said the Cervadel usually does its job over night.

I'll be allowed to eat anything I want for dinner around 8pm then I am on clear liquids until midnight. At that point it's ice chips until I have the baby.

We had a very nice day with my dad and Sheri. They just left to go get dinner and will check back with us after dinner then will head to their hotel until morning. John and Kim are on their way and should be here in about 20 minutes. They'll visit with us before heading to dinner and then will also be back in the morning. Robert and Wendy should be here tomorrow afternoon unless we call them to tell them that something's happening sooner.

So, basically, there's nothing new to report. We did find out - clearly - that we have internet in our room which is very nice. I'm doing just fine and the baby seems just fine. My husband's doing fine, as well. He is, however, ready to have this baby and know that I'm fine and Little One is fine.

Again, we know that you are praying for us and we are so grateful.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

How exciting! Keeping you in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Call me in the middle of the night if baby arrives. Me staying in Ohio until you're home made more sense intellectually than it is feeling emotionally right now!
Love-mom

Kelly said...

Thinking of you!!!!!

Leslie said...

I can't believe it's already time!!! Seems like just yesterday that you guys told us the good news:) I've been thinking about y'all all day. Keep us posted...we can't wait to get the call!!!!

Brandy said...

Today's going to be exciting! I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers! =)