Monday, March 2, 2009

Yes, she did make it!

Let me proclaim to everyone out in blog land that my wife is my hero! Sara has cruised through this pregnancy in a way that you aren't supposed to. We went for a walk around the neighborhood on Friday evening. Our neighborhood has some elevation changes, so it is not that easy of a walk. She kept up step for step. I was walking at a completely normal pace, not the "pregnancy pace" she thought we were going at. She is quite simply amazing.

I, on the other hand, have not handled this last week as gracefully as I would have liked. I admitted to Sara last night that I have a ton of anxiety about the upcoming event. All of the proclamations about how our life will change/will never be the same have led to some impatience on my part. It is as if I am standing in front of a closed door and people keep telling what is on the other side. OK, I've heard it, digested it, and understand it. LET"S ROLL! C'mon! I'm not saying that I am not appreciating the extra time to get little things done and spend time with Sara, just the two of us. But the anxiety of the unknown is a little much to take at times. My work calendar for this week is completely clear. That has NEVER happened in my entire career. But it is the direct result of not knowing when or if I will be in the office the next day. I'm a planner by nature, and this waiting game is tough for me.

It'll be here soon enough, and it will be wonderful. Sara has shown as much patience with me as I have with her (if not more). She is what I hope to be when I grow up.

3 comments:

Robyn Beele said...

This is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

when is little one going to get here?

Melissa said...

We will be there at the same time. How exciting!! Cannot wait until we get to share our good news with each other! You are all 3 in my prayers next week as well!!!