Friday, March 6, 2009

Still Pregnant...

We had our 41-Week (YIKES!) Doctor Appointment today. It was our last appointment. We are scheduled to check into the hospital Tuesday (March 10) at 4:30pm. I'll be given medicine to prepare my cervix and then (assuming I dilate 1-2 cm) I'll be induced Wednesday morning. If I don't dilate overnight Tuesday, I'll have a C-Section Wednesday. One way or the other, the doctor is bringing this baby Wednesday.

A sonogram showed that there is plenty of fluid and the baby is head down and healthy. The heartbeat was in the 130s. My blood pressure was 120/80 and my weight is good. Physically, I feel great and don't mind being pregnant at all. Emotionally, however, I am ready to have this baby. This waiting and not knowing when and how Little One will arrive is getting to me now. My husband, on the other hand, is now perfectly relaxed. The doctor said there's no chance this baby comes on its own. So, he's comfortable that the day is Wednesday and he's looking forward to spending the weekend together.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Awwww. I am sure you want the baby to come on its own! I will be praying! You get to the point that you just do not care and you want what is best! Enjoy the weekend! The last one ever with out a child in this world...how crazy is that!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Harris'---relax and enjoy this last weekend as a "solo" couple. This time next week you'll be taking care of a bundle of joy!
Love-mom