Friday, March 20, 2009

From Aaron

Hi everyone! Mama hasn't been able to take any pictures of me today because I haven't felt very well and I've been crying every time I've been awake. Mama still thinks I'm adorable when I'm screaming, though, so she said she'd keep me anyway. Plus, I'm nine days old and this is the first day I haven't been the perfect angel all day. Daddy came home at lunch and put me to sleep. Daddy is my favorite. I'll go to sleep for him when I won't calm down for anyone. So now I've been asleep for two hours! Daddy said to let me sleep as long as I needed to since I had such a rough morning and I could just eat like crazy when I got up...while I'm down Mama thought she would post some pictures she took yesterday. She loves to dress me up and take pictures. I'm not a huge fan, but she does not care.


This is me with my Boppy. I love my Boppy. Aunt Carolyn bought it for Mama, but Mama had to give it to me because I love it so much. And this is my super soft blanket under it that Grandma Sheri bought me when she first found out I was going to be born. I love how it feels. I've started using my hands and I rub them all over this blanket. I also rub them on Daddy's back when he holds me over his shoulder at night. I like that a lot. And now I can hold my hands together like I'm praying. Mama's trying to get a picture of that, but - like I said - I don't like to cooperate with Mama's picture-taking impulses...


This is me just being cute. I'm so content because I am in my Pack N Play with my heartbeat soundsoother (I LOVE that) and I have my Boppy! What else could a guy ask for? PLUS, I'm swaddled. I LOVE to be swaddled. On the reverse side of that, I HATE to not be swaddled. Do you want to guess how Mama knows that?




Look at my bears! Grandad and Mimi brought me the Steiff for my first birthday present and Grandpa Tom ran down to the hospital gift shop to get the blue one when he found out I was here and I was a boy. He already knew I was a boy, but he wanted to wait until everyone else knew before he went shopping.


This is me in my swing - another thing that I LOVE. Uncle Doug and Aunt Mindy let me have this after my cousin Addy finished with it. I am so glad they did. It makes me very happy. But, try as I might...


I can't ever keep my eyes open when I'm in it!


And here is my favorite, favorite thing! I LOVE my bouncer. I can have nice awake time just staring at those colored rings. I love that! But I also love to fall asleep in the bouncer. I just love the bouncer. Mama and Daddy love it, too, because it makes me so content and they can take me anywhere in it. I sit in the kitchen while they eat and by the computer while they work and by the bed while they nap. And because I love so many things, I'll bet you think I never cry, huh? Well...This is what I look like while my diaper is being changed. Always. Every single time. And I can scream so loud. It scared my grandmas, I think. They thought Mama and Daddy were hurting me. But, just as soon as that new diaper is on...Look at Mr. Content! Do you love my outfit? Everyone thinks I have the cutest clothes! Mama especially. She loves to dress me up for photo shoots. Grandma Sheri and Grandpa Tom bought all of these 3 mo outfits for me the day I was born. It's a good thing, too. I wouldn't have had anything that fit! I can already wear some of my 6 mo clothes! I'm as big as my friend who is three months old! Daddy says that's scholarship material right there, buddy!

6 comments:

Robyn Beele said...

This is such a cute post! I can't believe he can wear 6 month clothes! Andrew can barley fit into 0-3 months.

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Tom and Grandma Sheri are very proud of our little Aaron for his abilities to blog on the web! We knew you were a special one, of course, you're part Hartley! Ha.
Keep your parents on their toes and let them hear your scream if you need to! It makes grandma and grandpa smile to know that mama and daddy are going thru what they put us thru as babies so now it's their turn! Ha. You looked so cute in all the pictures today. You made us chuckle at how you wrote your blog today. We love you. We miss you. Grandpa Tom and Grandma Sheri in Ohio

Leslie said...

I love it! I can just hear Robert making plans for the scholarship!! I hope today is a little quieter!

Spicy Magnolia said...

I love this post! He is so precious, Sara!! I miss that newborn look in Brennan so much already. And I loved reading about his personality/likes/dislikes, etc... You're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Now Aaron, you went to sleep for Grandma Beth too even on the day you didn't feel so well! And you liked it when Grandma walked you all around the house. But mommy said that unless I was planning on staying, I best not get you in the habit of being "walked a lot" when you were fussy and unfortunately I can't do a daily walk with you from Ohio! I missed holding you this evening before your bedtime! What a wonderful 4 days with you, little darling! I did like visiting with your mama and daddy too! Lots of love, kisses, and hugs from Grandma Beth (back in Ohio).

Rebekah said...

Your post made me laugh! It cracks me up how different every baby is. Cilla HATES to be swaddled...at least she hates for her arms to be confined! She already talks with her hands!