Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Countdown Is On

We are a little over 24 hours away from my first overnight solo adventure taking care of Aaron. Momma will be leaving tomorrow afternoon to go to Waco for a women's conference. Aaron and I will be home....together....fending for ourselves....until Saturday night.

I'm sure everything will be fine. But I also anticipate having an even greater respect for how much Sara handles. Such as the middle of the night feedings. Yeah, we're gonna need to not so much do that while Momma is gone.

Sara is convinced that Aaron will not miss her like he misses me when I am gone. Oh boy, do I beg to differ! I tell her that his excitement over seeing me is deceiving. I'm like this novelty that he's not with all the time. So he gets excited when I come home. If our roles were reversed, I think he would have the exact same reaction with Sara. I think he will be sufficiently disoriented by Mom not being there, but we'll manage. I think Sara will be surprised by the excitement she sees when she gets back on Saturday. Aaron will be happy, too.

No comments: