Sunday, January 31, 2010

Night Number One

Jory left for Dallas after dinner tonight. He gave sweet goodbyes to Aaron and Aaron just giggled. He called Aaron before bed and told him goodnight and gave him his love. Aaron got so tickled talking to Daddy on the phone. He went down for bed very sweetly, but he's still talking to himself. Such sweet sounds. That's something we need to video!

Jory and I have been dreading our separation so much. We know that it's short term and that it is the right thing and that people do it all the time, but WOW are we not liking the idea at all. We are not used to being apart and we're so blessed that Jory doesn't travel for his job and he doesn't work a shift job where he'd come home after I went to bed and he's not in the military where he might be deployed for long periods. So, we are used to being together. A lot.
We are blessed that we have so many wonderful friends here. People are filling my calendar by inviting Aaron and I to dinner. Several people have said to call if we need anything that a husband would normally deal with and several people have said to just call if we need company. I've had offers to help me pack the house and to watch Aaron if I need that. We are so, so blessed and that will make this time infinitely easier. We also got some news that may allow us to move into an apartment in Dallas together earlier than we thought! Oh, how nice does that sound?! We should know more about that this week.
These pictures are all from this weekend. We had a wonderful weekend as a family. The three of us played together and had such a sweet time. Jory made me a fancy dinner last night and rented a movie that I have been wanting to see for a while and brought me flowers! He feels badly about leaving, but we do know that it's going to be fine and very quick. We should be thankful that we enjoy being together so much that a few week of part-time living sounds like torture!
You can expect lots of pictures and updates this week. I know of a certain Daddy who will be checking daily! Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I have been praying for you friend. I know hard the separation is. We did it for over three months while we were in transition between Fayetteville and Waco. I can't imagine doing it with a baby, too! Hope ya'll have had a good week.